Saturday, June 14, 2008

WEEK 2: Salad Time!

June 8-June15, 2008

Week 2 has been a interesting week. First off, I have had a big salad every day for dinner for the most part. This is huge! I can't think of the last time prior to these past few weeks that I have made myself a salad, must have been at least 3 months ago. Funny thing is, in the past 2 weeks I have probably ate more salads then I have in 2007, which is VERY VERY sad! lol

Good news though, I like them now!. Last week I started with adding croutons, different low calorie dressings, and spicing chicken up different ways. One way I really enjoy the chicken done is baked in the oven in strips using Thai peanut powder on them. One package is almost 200 calories, and i try to do 3 chicken breasts lightly coated in the yummy peanuty powder. Yum Yum! However, the extra calories add up, and I am sure I can find a better way to spice up my chicken-low cal style!.

Another huge accomplish on the salad news, is that tonight's salad did not involve any meat! It was actually pretty good. If anyone has any recipes for low cal salads, with or without meat, I'd appreciate it!

Working out this week has been difficult at times. This week i have been working nights again, and worked 3-12 hour nights Wed, Thurs, Friday. Gotta love nursing! So I am eating at all different hours of the night, and things can get a bit tricky. Typically I try to wake up before 4:00pm if I can, or 4 the latest. I eat "breakfast" which is usually more of a lunch type meal. Then I pack a dinner and snacks because come 11pm I am STARVING! I should probably try to incorporate a light snack if possible before then to hold me over, difficult though working in a hospital sometimes.

Every day I am feeling healthier and healthier. I am starting to notice the "top bulge" shrinking somewhat. My hospital pants are feeling a bit better on me as well. Also without binging I wake up without a sore stomach, or that bloating feeling. I don't miss that one bit. Often, I would eat a large portion of "whatever" before I would go to bed. For instance a bag of low cal popcorn with melted butter on it, and i mean the whole bag :) Sometimes I would stop in at a convience store to buy chips, and overindulge.
Exercise has been tricky for me this week, and I have only managed to get out to the gym 2 times. Night shifts are not my thing, esp 2 weeks of 12 hour nights. I do get a few days off in between some shifts, but it's difficult to change over my sleep patterns I have to say. I am however on a new schedule which I hope to start in the next few weeks. 2 days, 2 nights, 5 off. For all you shift workers out there, you know that this schedule is a ideal one! I do hope this makes a big difference in my energy level.
I do have to say though, I am extreamly happy to be half way through the month, and halfway at my goal for the month. I am continuously learning about myself, what I like, what I don't. Looking up new recipes etc. I have to also look at the fact that I have officially dropped 5 lbs, and at 3,500 calories per pound, I've managed to cut, and work off17,500 calories! That is huge!!!

No comments: