Monday, November 24, 2008

Book: Shrink Yourself-Break free from emotional eating forever! By Dr. Roger Gould

Emotional Eating

It wasn't until recently that I put 2 and 2 together when it comes to emotional eating. I mean, i've always knew that I would consider myself a "emotional eater" but I never really thought hard on what exactly that meant.

As you all know I have been looking further into this topic, and see my life much more clearer now. I can remember telling close friends"I don't want a quick fix, I just want to loose weight and for it to just CLICK". Think I found my "click".

I am a nurse and work in psychiatry full time. As most nursing jobs are stressful, psychiatry can be quite emotionally stressful for the most part. I wanted to explore emotional vs physical hunger, and was looking for a great book written by a psychologist. After researching (me not research....pshhh!) I found this wonderful book.

I am probably about 25% into the book at this point. I have to say, that right from the start it was like the book was written about me, almost like I had written it myself. This book is quite empowering. Sure a quick fix diet sounds great. I used to love to imagine myself awaking from a dream, and the next morning I would be thin. Go figure, that dream didn't happen!! However, I feel that this is a great tool for me to remain successful in weight loss as well as in maintence.

It is quite a empowering book I must say. It looks at all the psychological blocks that are in our life, that contribute to emotional eating. It addresses the REASONS for eating, specifically figuring out your own reasons why you overeat. With out this awareness, no matter how much you "diet" I don't feel my weight loss attmpts will ever be "cured". I feel awakened I must say, and feel like I truly GET IT!.

Will update when further into the book!

No comments: