Saturday, November 15, 2008

A New DO!

Yesterday I was on my way to get groceries, and instead I drove further into the plaza and headed right to the hair salon. I cant recall the last time I had my hair cut professionally (I say professionally, because I have cut my hair myself at times lol just the bangs for the most part.)

Needless to say, it's probably been about a year now, or longer! I was lucky enough to get a appointment as soon as I arrived. I must say I was scared initially, as usual! I have had terrible luck in the past finding a good hairdresser, and feel that I have never "connected" to a hairdresser before, until I met France. The moment we met, she spoke of the same ideas I had in mind (many layers, keeping the length long). She even ran to find me the picture that she was thinking of, and I absolutely loved it.

Finally I thought to myself, I actually found "my hairdresser!" France did a great job I must say. I did see at times 8 inches or more in length of layers falling to floor in a frizzy furball of my hair on the floor, which was both freeing and scary as hell!

Point is- I feel better with the haircut, and it lifted my spirits. Often I forget what the acts of self love, and self care feel like. More then too many times, I have forgotten to take care of myself. I must say, it feels DAMN GOOD!. I have told myself not too long ago, that I will seize on buying items for my home, as there is nothing else I truly need. Instead of decorating my home, I am going to decorate something even better-Myself.

No comments: