Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009- The Year of the Plan

I was surprised to see that there was absolutely NO parking spots this afternoon at the gym, not even one! A sure sign that it is a start of a new year, full of promises for everyone. I had to wait for a spot, I couldn't believe it. When I went inside, I am sure there had to be over 300 people in that gym, it was crazy!! Just like 2 days prior, the air inside felt thick, and the steam was fogging up the huge windows inside.

Today I felt what I call a "Elliptical High", I've had this in the past- It is the closest thing I can compare /think what a runners' high feels like. I wouldn't know, Lord knows I don't run lol. Well for now anyhow, I'll be open minded-Never know I could be a "Runner" one day. Needless to say the "Elliptical High" was a lot of fun. I just kept going and going, I don't know where the energy came from to be honest, but it was fantastic! Truly was.

I feel really good today. I feel focused, on track, at peace for myself in the moment I am in. Comfortable no, ready to run on the beach...NO!, ready to be even spotted on the beach HELL NO! lol Baby steps though, I am definitely looking at the beach at the very least!

The scale read 294lbs today. I am not ecstatic, I don't argue that number. It shows the little blurb in the system around Christmas time where I did loose control for several days/occasions. Not the end of the world, just a learning experience really. I am on track and have been this week, and the scale has shown me that. All the gain that has occurred is gone, and I am right at my "Pre Christmas Weight actually a pound less.

I am starting to plan a bit better this week in regards to my meals and exercise. Planning works for me, keeps me on track, keeps me less stressed!. It all goes back to another saying,

"He who fails to plan, plans to fail"

Here's to 2009 people "The Year of the Plan"!

No comments: